These last few weeks I have been lucky enough to try out the Mix & Go by George Foreman, which I can say has been the perfect addition to my summer! I am an absolute smoothie lover, but I have always hated the ‘admin’ and mess, especially when I am rushing out the door in the morning. It’s the perfect opportunity to get a whole lot of goodness into your diet and is ideal for those mornings when you don’t have time to sit down and eat breakfast.
The best part about the Mix & Go is you fill the drink bottle attachment with your ingredients, attach the blade and put it on the base then simply turn it to mix it. Not having to clean anything up is a dream! It is powerful enough to crush ice and the bottles are BPA free and dishwasher safe – win! It also comes with ‘Chill Sticks’, so your smoothie will stay cool.
Here is my favourite superfood ‘anti-aging’ smoothie recipe to give your body some powerful nutrients and energy that will see that you stay full all morning! Because it is full of antioxidants it will help your body repair free radical damage as well as reducing inflammation.
– Half a banana (frozen or fresh)
– 1 tbsp chia seeds (contains natural phenolic antioxidants to speed up the skin and internal organ repair systems and prevents further damage)
– 3 brazil nuts (high in antioxidants and selenium which has been linked stimulating collagen production)
– 1 tbsp blueberries (another antioxidant superfood)
– 1 scoop of a protein powder of your choice (I like X50 Skinny Protein which contains 24+ vitamins and minerals)
– 3 cubes of ice
– 200 ml water
This takes under two minutes to prepare (and clean up) with the Mix & Go, RRP $79.95. There are also so many variations you can add to the recipe so it doesn’t get boring. Adding a shot of coffee instead of the blueberries is delicious and definitely packs a punch! Enjoy! X